“The minds of children are the soil in which we plant the seeds of the future… and to teach is to be the sower.” – Sisters of the Holy Cross
Sisters of the Holy Cross
Holy Cross Preparatory School is owned by the Sisters of the Holy Cross, an international teaching order founded in Switzerland in 1844 by Father Theodosius and Mother Bernarda Heimgarter.
Mother Bernarda was the first teaching Sister of the Holy Cross and, in the joyful spirit of St Francis, through channels of hope and peace, sought to develop young children through education. The teaching order firmly believes that spiritual growth and academic success are achieved by stimulating children’s natural inquisitiveness, by giving them the necessary education, care, security and support. We seek to achieve this today by providing a happy learning environment in which to fully engage children, using our beautiful school grounds and facilities, as well as a wide range of innovative resources and equipment.
Click here to read more about the Sisters of the Holy Cross.
Trustees & Advisory Body
Guided and supported by the Advisory Body, our Trustees are responsible for the school. The Advisory Body meets once a term to receive a full report from the Headteacher, which covers admissions and leavers, staffing, any child protection issues, parental complaints (if any), health & safety, building maintenance, in-service training, events and trips, curriculum development, sports and music reports, and any other issues that may arise.
The Advisory Body also reviews policies and new initiatives. Reports are provided by the Finance Committee, Buildings Committee and Health & Safety Committee, which convene in advance of the full Advisory Body meeting. There is also a committee for bursaries, which reports at the full Advisory Body meeting.
- Sr Margaret Donovan – Chair of Trustees & School Advisory Body
- Sr Sheila Brennan
- Sr Ursula Eberhardt
- Sr Elizabeth O’Donohoe
The Trustees can be contacted during working hours, both in term time and during the holidays, via the School: Holy Cross Preparatory School, George Road, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey KT2 7NU. Tel: 020 8942 0729
- Sr Margaret Donovan (Chair of Advisory Body & Trustees) – can be contacted during working hours, both in term time and during the holidays using the contact information above.
- Mrs Sarah Hair (HCP Headteacher)
- Mr Nick Harrington (Accountant)
- Mrs Beverly Brown (Business Consultant)
- Mr Christopher Daley (Chartered Surveyor)
- Sr Ursula Eberhardt (Retired teacher)
- Mrs Kath Hayes (ISI Inspector and retired Headteacher)
- Mr Antony Hudson (Headteacher) – responsible for Child Protection
- Mr Kieron Lynch (Retired Banker)
- Mr Andrew Steet (Freelance Finance Professional)
- Ms Jo Ord (Solicitor)
The Advisory Body can be contacted during working hours, in both term time and during the holidays, via the school bursar & clerk to advisory body: firstname.lastname@example.org